Capture the flag game rules
Be the first team to capture the flag.
There are question marks on the map. When you get to the location of a question mark you will get a question about one of the players. If you answer the question correctly, you will receive the number of points stated with the question. If you answer the question incorrectly, you have to wait 2 minutes to try again. You can answer other questions in the meantime. There are 4 different color questions:
- Green – Correct answer = 5 points. Wrong answer = wait 2 minutes
- Yellow – Correct answer = 10 points. Wrong answer = wait 2 minutes
- Red – Question that disappears after 10 minutes. So be quick! Correct answer = 15 points. Wrong answer = wait 2 minutes
- Blue – Question that disappears for all groups if one group has answered the question correctly. Correct answer = 20 points. Wrong answer = wait 2 minutes
There are some extra rules:
- After 30 minutes, “bombs” and “super powers” appear in the game.
- If you pick up a bomb, you can throw it on another team. That team is then given a timeout of 2 minutes.
- With a ‘super power’, the points you earn will be doubled for the next 15 minutes.
- Penalties: If you get into a red circle, you get penalty points.
- Initially, the flag is not visible. If you have more than 100 points, the flag will appear on the map for your team only.
- If you lose points after you have 100 points, the flag will disappear again. Example: You have 100 points, but you still get 25 penalty points while running to the flag. Then you first have to earn 25 points again to be able to capture the flag.
At the start of the game and after a certain number of minutes you will be asked to take a photo. If you do this within the specified time, you get 5 points. We will post the photos on our social media channels. If you don’t want this, you can opt-out at the end of the game.
Communication with other teams
- You can communicate with other teams via chat.
- You can see the location of other teams live on the map
The game ends directly after a team captures the flag. All teams will then be shown the location of the flag. Make sure you also get to that location as soon as possible.